Wednesday, October 18, 2006

This was one children's song I didn't expect a remake of...

Do Your Ears Hang Low?

For years I've gottent this song stuck it in my head. I sing it to my husband more than I would care to admit. For those that don't know here is the song I'm talking about(I only ever sing the first verse):



Do your ears hang low? Do they wobble to and fro?
Can you tie them in a knot? Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them o'er your shoulder like a Continental Soldier?
Do your ears hang low?

Thanks to a new artist named Jibbs, this song has forever been changed. Here are the new lyrics:

Do yo chain hang low
Do it wobble to the flo
Do it shine in the light
Is it platinum, Is it gold
Could you throw it over ya shoulda
If ya hot, to make ya cold
Do your chain hang low

The first time I heard this song, I was all "OMG, it's my song", but then I heard the lyrics and I'm not nearly as enamored as I once was. I don't really have a point in writing this, I just thought I'd share that my favorite kids song is now been ghetto-ized.

No comments: