Saturday, February 17, 2007

Girl Scout Cookie Time

It's that time of year folks, when the girl scout cookies are for sale. YUM! My only issue with girl scouts, and no I'm not going to go off on a rant like Andy Rooney of 20/20 did.

Why the different names? Where I grew up, the chocolate covered peanut butter cookies were Peanut Butter Patties. Where I live now (a whopping 25 miles away) they are Tag Alongs. Last night I was at a business 20 miles away (NW of my current home and N of my childhood home) and there the called them Peanut Butter Patties too. Just when I thought I'd gotten the whole name thing right and ask for Tag ALongs, the guys says "you mean Peanut Butter Patties?" DOH!


Here are the varieties:
Thin Mints (A Universal Name and loved by all)
Samoas/Carmel de Lites
Tag-Alongs/Peanut Butter Patties
Trefoils/Shortbread
Do-si-dos/Peanut Butter Sandwiches
All Abouts
Thanks-A-Lot
Cafe Cookies
Brownies
Cartwheels
Lemondaes

I understand that different bakeries make them, but in different names in the same metro area? I do have to admit Trefoils and Samoas are much more creative names that Shortbread Cookie and Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookie. Anyway, I still love them and am excited to eat them!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That has always driven me nuts too. For the longest time, I thought people in other areas had different cookies than we had due to the names. I just recently figured out that they are the same. :(