Friday, January 19, 2007

My Rules/Goals/Guidelines for 2007

I meant to post this over a week ago, but I've been busy. Instead of resolutions, I wanted to come up with something more concrete. So, I made a list of goals, guideslines and personal rules for the new year. Here they are!

10 Goals/Rules/Guidelines for 2007

1. Read my daily devotional (on a daily basis)
2. Count my points (WW ones that is)
3. Only watch TV shows that have been recorded to the DVR (this is tough and meant
to be a way to keep me from watching useless crap on TV)
4. Learn to sew (my mom bought me a sewing machine, so I need to learn how to use it)
5. Have a date night with my husband once a week
6. Have a date night/outing with a friend once a week
7. Work out 5 times a week (This would a goal as 5 times a week is a bit ambitious!)
8. Finish up all my projects I've started in 2006
9. Read at least one book a month (and try to alternate between fun chick lit and
real educational books)
10. Don't get mad at my husband just because he gets upset with me.

I have to comment on #10. Usually fights between my husband and I go something like this: I do something that upsets him, he gets upset, I get upset that he's upset with me. He gets mad at me. I cry.
So, I am trying to be better at this, because when I get upset with my husband, he just takes it in stride and not so personally. Plus, crying really sucks. Well, I did this the other night. It was amazing! Not only did I not cry, but DH felt really bad about getting mad at me and for several days told me (more so than usual)how much he appreciates me!

No comments: